Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Weekend getaway


Ivy and I got away for the weekend.  It was nice we haven't had a night away without the kids since before cooper was born.  Thats how having kids go I know. Thelma was nice enough to keep Cooper for us overnight. The Hewlens had the older boys and then Richard took them to their bowling in the morning.  It all came together just right.  Ivy and I had a great time.  

Had dinner at Stanley and Seaforts.  We sat right at the window with a great view.  I had the lobster mac and cheese and Ivy had filet milgon with crab and bernaise.  We also had crab cake starter.  I love crab cakes.  Shawn at work got me a good deal on dinner and his wife got us a great seat.  

Then we stayed the night at the pan pacific in Seattle.  We had a view of the space needle from our window.  Below the hotel was whole foods.  They need to make organic diet pepsi because I wanted one and whole foods has nothing even close. Oh well I did get some really good pistachio gelato.  The room was fantastic and we got a good deal.  Grandma Greene would be proud.  I do need to get over my fear of valet parking.  We had to pay 30 bucks to park since I didn't use the valet.  Next time I will.  It feels kind of snooty to hand your keys to a guy to park your car.  I can park my own car.  Just a note to Ivy's credit as soon as we got there she went and ran 3 miles in the gym.  She's devoted.  I watched tv and ate cheetos while she was running.  I did got to the gym though.  To pick up her watch she forgot there. 

In the morning we met the women in my family and Ivy went with them to a sound of music sing a long?
-Rick

No comments: