Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

thanksgiving basket

So today we got a thanksgiving basket from the ward. Caused some mixed reactions at our house. At first I was thinking I know I let Asher wear some pants that are a little too short.  And I guess I need to do a littler work around the house. But were we really assessed as one of the top needy families in the ward? Then we thought well that's ok we just pass it on to someone we know that could use it a little more than us. Part of us thought that we should just keep it because people had been so gracious in donating it. Finally Ivy couldn't handle it any more and called someone from the Relief Society. I guess they had a change of rationale this season and didn't just give it to those who needed it but those that would appreciate it. It's certainly highlights the difficulty of trying to be independent and self reliant and be able to accept help from others.  Ivy is ok with it now and thinks we'll use the turkey for Christmas since she is going out of town for thanksgiving.  I suppose if I took a basket of food over to my sisters and said just thinking of you she would say thanks and appreciate the thought.  I guess that's what our church family just did for us.  

-Rick

No comments: