Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Arizona Halloween

Me and the two older boys got back from Arizona on Monday night.  We went there to visit my grandparents.  While there we attended the Elks club Halloween party.  I learned a few things.
1.  For those of you that like to wear skimpy costumes. That is not somethink you will ever need to outgrow.  I saw women in there 80's in mini skirts.  
2.  There's a reason flannel long sleeve shirts are the dress of northwest loggers and not Sun City residents.  Flannel seemed like a lot less better of an idea when it's 95 degrees out.  Plus since we couldn't take axes or chainsaws on the plane we were mistaken for hobos.  
3.  Little old ladies like to be asked to dance.  Asher's dance card was full.  He even taugt them a few moves I think.  They weren't familiar with the Happy Feet shuffle.  
We had a great time.  Here is the photo of us before we left for the party.  
-Rick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rick, you forgot to mention that the old people didn't mistake us for hobos, they thought we were "tramps." I think to them it means the same thing, but it sure threw me off at first.