Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

Late night at Harrison Medical Center ER

Ivy had a horrible headache that came on suddenly so we went to er. She is awaiting her CT and lumbar puncture.  
Update:  Everything came out fine.   All tests came back negative.  She will live and Asher's initial diagnosis of "brain tumors, lots of brain tumors" was fortunately incorrect.   Though his calm assessment that there was an emergency in the bathroom was correct.  Since Ivy was laying on the floor holding her head and moaning.  Watching the boys be concerned for their mom but simutaneously not sure what to do since she was naked was funny.  Might have been funnier under different circumstances but still funny.  The ER did a good job and Ivy got to join the exclusive dilaudid club.  

1 comment:

Jerel & Amanda said...

Just a friendly reminder that when one of my loved ones is on the verge of death, you are supposed to notify me! Even if she was naked!

Asher's calmness reminds me of the time the kitchen toaster oven caught on fire. I woke up dad and said "the kitchen's on fire" and he didn't believe me. He said something like "I'm sure if hte kitchen were really on fire you'd be screaming and jumping around and stuff." So I screamed and he got up and put out the fire.